IKG USA LLC
MATERIAL HANDLER - SAND SPRINGS, OK LOCATION Summary
Prepares various types of grating structural shapes, steel bars, clips, steel, grating, miscellaneous hardware cartons and other materials for shipment. Organizes and distributes paperwork, inputs data into computer, make galv. Tickets. Reviews shop sheets, sketches, specifications as necessary.
Loads/unloads galv. truck, outgoing shipments and incoming shipments with or without assistance. Prepares orders for shipment, including bundling, writing up, tagging, staging, etc..
Cuts steel strip and angles for welders.
Checks orders for completeness before and during or after loading to be sure complete order has been loaded, and records information on shipping file copy of bills of material.
Assembles and packages any accessories to be shipped such as clips, nuts, bolts, nosing, structure shapes, etc.
Tags job with packing list, signs loading sheet (bill of material) and turns in to supervisor.
Bundles and loads trucks efficiently maintaining minimum established standards of production.
Saws blocks and bands bundles as required.
Operates appropriate material handling equipment as required.
Receives and checks incoming material as required and places it in stock for future production use.
Completes Daily Inspections of forklifts and overhead crane.
Reports any malfunction of equipment to supervisor.
Performs other miscellaneous related duties as assigned by supervision.
Maintains neat and orderly work area.
Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations and participate in safety efforts.
Performs job functions using safe work practices.
Enters data on computer, prints Bills of Ladings, packing lists and organizes paperwork.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies:To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Tools & Equipment
Banding tools, circular saw, appropriate material handling equipment, Forklift, Overhead Crane, Iron Worker(s) and Tread Buster. Scale, tape measure, calculator and miscellaneous hand tools.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma and some manufacturing or related experience.
Trade school preferred: Welding; manufacturing or related.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents as well as technical manuals and materials. Ability to write clear instructions and fill out required paperwork.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform basic math as it relates to production items.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1. Physical Activity of the Position:
* Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
* Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
* Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
* Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
* Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arms(s) in any direction.
* Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks or moving from work side to another.
* Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
* Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
* Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
* Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. * Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is exposed to plant & office environments, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Disclaimer This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Corporation's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Industrial / IKG offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Jim Scholes, Div HR Manager at 713-378-3939, and Harsco will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.