Manufacturing Plant Superintendent/Asst. Plant Mgr
Posted: July 1, 2019
|Location:||1514 S. Sheldon Rd, Houston, TX , 77015, United States |
1514 S. Sheldon Road, Channelview, TX , 77530, United States
|Job Type:||Full time - Shift 1/|
|Requisition Number:||Cview IKG Plant Super|
We have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Plant Superintendent with plant management experience at our Channelview, TX (Houston) IKG location.
To apply:The position oversees the timely, cost-effective production and shipment of quality grating products through the supervision of the activities of the plant work force. Direct responsibility for daily plant operations which may include direct reports in the following positions/areas: Production Scheduler/Planner; Sales Project Manager; Inventory Control/Traffic; Plant Floor Production Supervisors; Maintenance department, including MRO purchasing; Safety/Training/CI personnel and others as needed/necessary. Requirements: PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES
This position directly supervises all Channelview, TX (Houston) Production Foremen, Inventory Control Specialist, and hourly shop employees in the performance of their assigned duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. At least 2 years of a college education or an associate's degree in industrial engineering. Four-year degree from an accredited college or university is desirable.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience in a plant supervisory role. Specific experience within a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
3. Lean manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement experience desirable.
4. Mechanical aptitude - prefer hands on experience with mechanical and/or electrical background.
5. Hands on management style
6. Must have excellent written, oral communications, and administrative skills.
7. Must have excellent people, supervisory, and problem-solving skills
8. Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
9. Must be extremely detail oriented and able to effectively manage large amounts of information.
10. Proven ability to self-manage in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
TO APPLY: Link will appear here soon.
If you have a difficulty applying for any job posted on Harsco Corporation's website because a disability prevents you from using the online system, Harsco Industrial / IKG offers the following alternate application procedure: Contact Jim Scholes, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, and Harsco will arrange for an alternate method of applying and will consider your application together with all other applications received for the job. Please call only for such application assistance.
Harsco Corporation is one of the world's leading diversified industrial services companies, serving key industries that play a fundamental role in worldwide economic growth and development. These include infrastructure, non-residential construction, and industrial maintenance; metals and minerals; railways; and energy.
Harsco offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health/vision/dental insurance, 401k match, Flexible Spending Accounts, long term disability, pre-approved tuition assistance, paid time off and more.
All applications must be submitted through our on-line system for compliance reasons. Applying is quick and easy -- just follow this link: TO BE ADDED
Harsco Industrial / IKG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.